Monday, September 14, 2009

The Beginning

Hello, Internet World!

Well, I guess I'm starting a blog. I have held firm to my stance against Facebook, Myspace and the Twitter-minded people. I still think they are self-indulgent, colassal wastes of time... usually. However, I have begun to soften somewhat of late, and I feel I can comprimise by starting a blog that may or may not be worth reading. I hope that I am not drifting into the Dark Side with this, but here goes anyways.

I hope to write about the things that I love the most in this life, God, Family, Friends and of course Art. As a Christian, I am commanded to bring glory to my Creator in all that I do. So, I will try to not bore you with meaningless insights into ME, but rather to use the abundant blessings that God has surrounded me with to show how great He is. Mostly I'll be posting some sketches that I have been working on from my sketch book (because I feel like Creativity and God are so closely related. He is the great Creator, after all, right?), snippets of my family life (because being a husband and a dad is probably my favorite blessing), concerns and observations that I have been mulling over in my little skull (because I hope to inspire thought and conversation, NOT because I think I have it all figured out), and quotes from the Bible and/or other great sources to uplift and edify the reader.

This may be a lofty goal, but I hope to have FUN along the way. God bless and enjoy.

This is a sketch from earlier this month of the Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in downtown Nashville and here is one of my favorite passages from the Bible.

Isaiah 40:28-31 (NIV)
28) Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. 29) He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30) Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31) But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. they will soar on wings like eagles: they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Baby, I think this is great! I look forward to reading what you have to write. It'll probably be easier than getting you to talk about it out loud... lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had commented, but I guess it didn't take. Congratulations on the new blog! Excellent sketch, as always. I have always been fascinated by this little church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I like the name you chose. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete