Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Words that Fit

Well, obviously, it's been a long time since my last post. The busiest time of year is behind me now, at least for a little while, and I'm starting to breath again.

Lots has changed since I last posted, my family and I moved back to my old home town. Don't you just hate moving? It is very good to be back with old friends and family, though. I'll tell you, it is such a relief to let the kids run outside and play or go next door to my grandparents' house and not have to worry about traffic or creepy people or getting lost. Small towns are just wonderful... most of the time.

I have been thinking about words today. Do you know how powerful and important your words are?

Proverbs 25:11
"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."

The right word said at the right time can be a priceless thing, like sweet fruit ripe and pleasant to taste, loaded with seeds of potential and health and growth.

The wrong word at the wrong time, however, can be bitter and rotten and sickening.

We've all been careless with our words on occasion, and our timing hasn't always been good. But if that is the case, one thing is ALWAYS timely and appropriate; an apology.

What kind of words are you sharing today?

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you posting again! Proverbs 25:11 has always been one of my favorite verses even if I don't always heed its instruction.

    ReplyDelete