Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Baby!

7 years ago today I couldn't wait for that older guy standing next to the girl in white to say, "Her mother and I do." As much as I love Mike Dugan, I just wanted to rush down that aisle and push him out of the way so that I could take my place next to my girl. I couldn't wait to be her husband, her protector, her provider, her confidant, her friend for ever. It's still my favorite thing.

We've gone through a lot in 7 short years: love, hurt, happy, sad, high, lows, better, worse, two cats, two kids, a dog... We've even passed through the very valley of the shadow of death. And I wouldn't change a thing. You see, now I know what true devotion is, what true loyalty, true love, true caring, true joy is. I know because Liz showed me.

Now, I'm far from perfect, but I'm a better man today, all because of a girl. I still love walking down store aisles with her arm in mine. I still love holding hands in the car. I still can't wait every day to come home from work or wherever and rush over to my place next to my girl. She is my favorite person, after all.

Happy Anniversary, Lizzy!

2 comments: